<-- 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 -->
- Illyria is turned into a province after a revolt has been defeated.
- The Rhine River is established as the boundary between the Latin and German-speaking worlds, following the defeat of the Roman army, under the command of Varus, at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Legio II Augusta, XX Valeria Victrix, and XIII Gemina move to Germany to replace Legio XIX and the others destroyed at Teutoburg.
- The Catuvellauni attack the Trinovantes and capture Camulodunum.
- Ovid is banished to Tomis.
- Pannonia (modern-day Hungary) submits to Roman rule.
- In order to increase the number of marriages, and ultimately the population, the lex Papia Poppaea is adopted in Rome. This law prohibits celibacy and childless relationships.
- Roman finances become strained following the Danubian insurrection, and Varus' defeat in Germany. This results in the levying of two new taxes: five percent of inheritances, and one percent on sales.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.